Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Week 12 Project

     Here's the thing, I'm not a Pinterester. I know I would get addicted. Its already hard enough for me not to spend everyday on Etsy. I have too many projects started and too many projects in my head that need to be started. However, all the projects my friends are doing got me thinking...

     I've loved glass bottles since high school. We smashed some for a mixed media project and I loved it. (the smashing and the glass and the art that came of it all) In college I got a melted glass bottle cheese tray from my friends Andrea, its one of my favs. Oh, and I have a wine cork collection, one I'm not sure I'll ever do anything with except display. I am a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright. He incorporated wonderful glass pieces to complement his architectural pieces. Ok, you get the point.


Anywho, my home has a fireplace. Not a working one, but a fireplace all the same. I love them for their charm and  their ability to be a decorating accessory. I tried to have one in every house I've lived in. However, my hearth was lacking.

So, I collected some glass bottles, not all from adult beverages. Painted them different shaded of white, silver and butter cream. Added candle,s all I cut from all long tappers and turned the ends into short chunky candles.Painted the back with some glossy black paint I had left over from part of the kitchen and Voila! A hearth I can be proud of having in my home.
 Fireplace overhaul, Done!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Are they sitting on mirrors, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I love it! I thought you were going for a bottle tree there for a minute...

    ReplyDelete