Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 14 Project

    Mario was not very happy the last time I saw him. I had made this shirt for his sister Maria and failed to think of him. He told me "I don't like you very much right now" I would have been heart broken except every kid I hang out with at a certain age doesn't "like me very much" and then they the get over it and go back to thinking I'm awesome. However, I did feel a little guilty for leaving him out. M&M are like two peas in a pod... leaving one of them out does deeply affect the other.
 
This was his "model face"

  

       Mario loves to emulate his dad, Jon, in anyway he can. His dad fishes and so Mario loves to fish. Jon's a handsome enough guy, but as far as I know he isn't a model. Mario isn't a model, but he is a ham. It was hard to get a good pic of him in the shirt I whipped up (literally took like 30mins!) But I'll share the ones we caught of him modeling in my room this Easter before they hit the road home.
Such a heart breaker
Is he throwing gang signs or rock concert symbols?
A few close ups of the shirt.

Fishin' Shirt Done!.

4 comments:

  1. You did this without an embroidery machine? I'm very impressed! It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No embroidery machine. Fusiable webbing and edge stiching. I'm getting better with every technique/experiment!

      Delete
  2. You rock it out as always! Mario's friends and friends' parents loved the shirt - you have a line of customers when you start your business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I adore this!! (and the Mario monster, of course ; )

    ReplyDelete