Sunday, May 6, 2012

Week 17 Project

I knew I had a problem when I said "Well, in my current BOT the topic was pre-New York State Manna-hatta (Manhattan to us today)...." Yep, in conversation with my peers I said "BOT"
Oh, you don't know what a BOT is?
Book On Tape

I went away for college and road tripping has been a part of my life since then. I usually ride solo and can't stand searching for a new radio station every hour passing in and out of different cities. When I found audio books (most now come on CDs or are download-able) at the library, the nerdy side of me could not have been more stoked. It's been a love affair ever since.

I currently live 63miles away from work. ( I know, I know)  Fortunately I only work four days a week, but that's a  minimum of 8hrs in the car commuting every week... that's if I'm lucky. I live in Ohio, a state that gets snow, has traffic, and who's department of transportation always finds something on that stretch of highway that needs fixing. Oh, Hi orange barrels.   So, I always has a stack of BOTs with me. I think I currently have about 75hrs in the car. Libraries are the best! Online renewal is even better!

Back to the project.

 All those BOTs tend to end up all over the car. I put them in a shopping bag, but they spill out and it makes me look like I go shopping all the time, which I don't, I promise. Jo-Ann's doesn't count right? The shopping bag just doesn't work well.



Time to make a BOT tote.

Rather than shopping for more fabric, I remember that I had some old tab-top curtains from an apartment I had like 4 years ago. 






I thought I'd try gusseting the corners on the bottoms so that it would sit like a paper grocery bag. I cut off most of the tabs, but kept one, opened it and attached it to the opposite side to make a handle. I kept some of the buttons on, but will probably take them off and set them aside for a future project. Believe it or not, I made one cut to the curtain (except for removing the tabs) and completed the project with three stitches.!


BOT tote, Done.

4 comments:

  1. So, hmmm. Do people bring you project requests? Is that how this Red Fern place works? 'Cause I got one. And it is tote-ally awesome (har har).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm super impressed! Seriously creative....and a little nerdy :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inventive! I will look at top-tabbed curtains much differently now.

    ReplyDelete