Thursday, May 24, 2012

Week 18 Project

When I graduated college and moved into my apartment in Nashville, I had very little furniture of my own. I've posted before that a lot of my stuff is hand-me-downs from my parents. There were still three kids living at home, more or less (my sister was in college) and so there was no extra bedroom set. I didn't need a whole set. I had a huge walk-in closet all to myself. I had my sister's old day bed, and my childhood desk.


When I stepped up my "big girl" (read adult into that) game and bought a bed, I suddenly needed a nightstand. Enter the weekly Bed Bath & Beyond mail inserts including the 20% coupon. Super simple, rather inexpensive nightstand. Two things I knew a wanted: a bit of storage and space underneath. I'm not a huge fan of furniture that meets the floor. I think it cuts of the line of sight and makes a room feel smaller. I digress. Like I said I didn't have any other bedroom furniture to speak of, so it didn't need to match anything.


Well, now with the house, I've been buying more furniture and actually have a dresser I love. It's 'beaut from IKEA and its black.



Time for a paint job. I used some more of the high-gloss paint I used in the kitchen and fireplace. So, this was a no-cost job. Two coats later and this is what I got!

Not too much crafting here, but my weekly project all the same.

Hopefully in a future post you'll see how well it matches my dresser!




Painted nightstand, Done.

2 comments:

  1. I'm planning to paint our entertainment center this summer... what brand of high gloss paint did you use because that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, It was the cheap stuff from Lowes. Just the "I need a "pint" of high-gloss black paint" and they they hand you something. I needed just a bit to paint the chair rail in the kitchen... then used some for the fireplace and then decided that I still had enough for this. AND I still have about a 1/4 of the tiny can!!

      Delete