Friday, May 4, 2012

Week 16 Project


I haven't felt that any of my projects have been fails.. until now. The idea was good, end results, not so much.

My house came with maybe 10 lawn chairs.
You know the kind white, plastic and stackable.

They still serve a very useful purpose, but they are at the point of no return when it comes to making them look clean.
I tried everything.Bleach. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Dawn Detergent. everything.

The spray paint they have for plastics has intrigued me, so I thought I'd give it a try.
 Seemed like an easy fix and I hate throwing useful things out.

My original thought was a goldenrod color, but the only
 color I saw at the store that I liked was a color called "brick red".
Does that look red to you?
My cousin/roommate and I both decided its not.
I'm ok with pink.

What I'm not ok with, is how the chair looks. 

I didn't think through that the paint might hide the "dirt", but highlight the imperfections; the scratches and dents and scraps and wear and tear that happens over 10 odd years.


Paint the lawn chairs chair. Done. Not again.

I now have one pick lawn chair and nine white. Good thing that won't bother me.

1 comment:

  1. From 50 feet away, it looks great. Just put them up by the woods for showpieces. I still think you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete