Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 19 Project

My Aunt Lois (who happens to also be my godmother) saw the apron I made for my mom, here, and commissioned me to make one for her daughter Mary.  I was more than happy to do this and really excited too. When I lived in Columbus, Mary, Jon, Maria, Mario, Maggie and I would meet up, at least once a week, for a meal... and like two or three times a week for ice cream! I had my own apartment, but Mary's house was my home in Columbus.
Making her an apron was fun. It was fun because I love her. It was fun because I can imagine her daughter Maria pretending in it...maybe I should make Ri one. It was fun because so many of our memories together involve laughs over a meal. Most importantly it was fun because not many of those memories involve her cooking! I love Mar, but she is a crazy busy active mom. She would much rather mow the grass, run the kids to the library in the stroller, bike to Giant Eagle for popsicles and wrestle in the living room, (seriously, like all of those things) than spend the night in the kitchen. At least that's what I saw. Her kids are never bored and I love her for it.

Anyway, back to the apron. I still haven't bought a pattern for anything I sew. I took a bit of what I did for my mom's apron and threw in some different ideas. My use of bias tape has gotten better and for whatever reason I was scared of cutting/sewing curved lines on my mom's apron so I did that this time and it wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it might be.












For the life of me, I can't get this pic to save when I rotate it. I've tried like 8763ways and every time I upload it, its rotated. Do me a favor, tilt your head to the right. Thanks.
Mar's apron for Aunt Lo, Done.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post because it is all about ME! Haha. Seriously love the apron you made - I wore it on Sunday when we had a cookout for Jon's dad. And you are exactly right about Ri - she wanted to steal it and I refused! We miss you so much and want you up here soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete