Friday, June 1, 2012

Curtains are the Eyeliner of a Home's Windows

So, I made that saying up just now. ...as an experiment...
My high school English teacher made up a word once, gahsnaffle (sp?), as a word to say when someone sneezes. It was an experiment in the evolution of the English language. I still use gahsnaffle.

Back to the point of the post, or not. I don't wear makeup often, maybe once a week. If someone asked me if I had to choose one item of makeup for the rest of my life, I might hesitate and almost say my lip plumper, but then emphatically say eyeliner. I think it makes the most impact on a bar face and makes me feel, like, well, Cleopatra. Silly I know, but she was one of those powerful women in history. I love powerful women.

Ok, Curtains.
This isn't a weekly post, because I didn't make any of these items this year, but they were, at some point, projects. I made curtains for the kitchen, which I hope will be a complete black and white masterpiece one day.


I also made curtains for the door off the steps that match. See 'em down there on the right?

Then I realized that I hated seeing my mismatch college plastic cups, so I made matching inserts for the hutch.





















 I fell in love with this fabric before I had a plan for it.



Seriously Love.
I don't think there was a better purpose for it than to be the focal point of my bathroom.


Not a curtain, but a project I'm proud of accomplishing.
I had fabric from another project that I bought at IKEA.

I tried my hand a flanged edge on a pillow and covered my body pillow, which I now use as a headboard.





That thing above my bed is a project from probably 5 years ago. I cork board spray painted blue with pushpins holding my necklaces. If I don't see my jewelry, I forget to wear it.



And now you're all caught up on projects from the past.

2 comments:

  1. Will you get your butt up to C-bus and help me decorate this house of mine? I want that corkboard for Maria's room to hang her necklaces and headbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl - You rock your site out so I nominated you for The One Lovely Blog Award tonight. Check it out at: http://marymenkedick.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/one-lovely-blog-award/. Love you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete