Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 21 Project

My last adventure in furniture painting went well enough for me to try it again.

I wouldn't say that I make safe choices when decorating my home. However, I do tend to stay away from any bold color choices. I'm a female... and I change my mind...  a lot... often.

This dresser came with the house. Its been in this back bedroom for all the years I grew up and came to visit my grandparents. Its one of the pieces that I may not have bought but it serves a purpose. I knew in its heart, it was fun. It was just tired and wanted a face lift.


Yellow had hit me for no reason. I was thinking about it tyring to determine the kind of yellow I wanted. Bright Yellow, Sunny Yellow, Canary Yellow, Mellow Yellow, Lemon, Meringue...

I've learned to always stop at the end of aisles for clearance items. I was at Lowes for another reason and two quarts of yellow paint on clearance were sitting there waiting for me. I didn't even really think about it. I glanced at them, I decided it was a yellow I liked and for $5 total, they headed home with me.

One little problem and it was a moral dilemma for me. I have a strict rule that when you wear nail polish you should know the name of the color, the color listed on the bottle by the creative folks at the nail polish companies; the same rule applies to all paint colors. Currently, I don't have hot pink nails, my nails are "Big Daddy". There was no color name on the quarts.

I'm glad to report that I managed to get over this problem and will gladly take color name suggestions from you, my dear readers.

Here she is!
Yellow Dresser, Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment