Friday, February 17, 2012

Headquarters

I had originally taken this photo to show everyone the space where all my creative energy would be spent. My mental gym if you will. I staged it. I made sure everything looked nice, the chair was just so, the stripes on my wall were at a nice angle. I wanted to show off the stripes. They took me three weekends and I'm very proud. My house is 80 some years old and the walls are plaster and faaaaarrrr from plumb. Getting those lines that straight took a lot of taping and re-taping

I had just gotten the desk. It's been in my parents bedroom for many years and my mom was kind of done with it. It was the desk my dad's great grandfather's used when he first opened his law practice. It has a huge flat working surface and really long drawers. I love it.

Let's be honest. Here's how the room normally looks....

  

Watching that show Hoarders, gives me panic attacks. I like to think I'm pretty anti-clutter and while it's organized, my growing fabric collection is starting to worry me.

1 comment:

  1. How did I not notice the stripes when I was there?? LOVE the stripes!

    ReplyDelete