Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 5 Project

Postponing Posts....
So occasionally my weekly project will be in preparation for an upcoming event, say a birthday, so I won't be able to post until after the event, but I don't want you to think I didn't fulfill my promise to create each week. I do, I did, I promise, honest.

Back Story
One of my dearest friends is my R.A. from college. Kim is generous and kind. She is thoughtful and sweet and has the biggest heart. I think the main reason we're such good friends is that no matter what, we have fun. I probably don't tell her often enough that I really value our friendship.
I went to visit her this weekend. Saturday evening, Kim and I went  to to grab some groceries and for no real reason, we laughed the whole time we were at the store. We have fun when we're talking on the phone, riding in the car or when we stay up all night crafting with her sister, Mindy. (Mindy, by the way, is my craft buddy extraordinaire. Love her!)
Mindy and her other sister, Angie, had a baby shower a few months ago when Kim had her second baby. We were told not to bring gifts, but who follows those rules?!? So I didn't "buy" her anything but I did craft her something.
 
I made the tie shirt for Jake and for Jake's new little sister, Lilly, I made the onsie. I had originally planned on just the ruffles on the bum, but I played around with some fabric and the flower happened. I sewed that sucker on soooooo well. I was a little terrified Lilly would rip it off and choke on it. There is NO way she will, unless she's a super hero. I used like, a whole spool of thread.


Anyway, the reason this post got postponed is that Lilly and Jake's cousin, Adam (Mindy's son) got a tie shirt for his birthday last weekend. A bow-tie! (and a truck)I couldn't blog about it before he got it. I mean, he could have read it. He did turn 2.


Mindy did me a huge favor and took some pics of the kids in their shirts.

Jake and Adam at the window, possibly looking at the actual fire truck that showed up at the fire truck themed party. The truck's appearance wasn't planned,  it just happened to be in the neighborhood, but seriously, how awesome?!
Jake at Adam's birthday party.
  

                              

Adam's looks like a little crooner in that center photo..
Thanks for the photos Mindy!

Cute Tie Shirts, Done!

3 comments:

  1. You mean, thanks for taking pictures of my super cute kid? In a super cute shirt? Made by one of my favorite people? You're welcome! Anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Mindy on this one... this is my favorite post ever. But I just may be a bit biased. You'll have to do an addendum post when I finally get around to sending you a picture of Lilly's cute little ruffle bum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever have a boy I totally want the one with the tie (not bow tie but the full one)... adorbs (see I know some words)!

    ReplyDelete