Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4 Project

An Apology...

Let's pretend I posted this last week, ok? Great thanks! I had one of those supper A.D.D. weekends last weekend. I started 5 different projects and completed exactly none. I thought I'd finish one up this week after work. However this work week made me want to do nothing when I got home but search for a rich husband. Do you know how difficult that is a 4am? Searching for any kind of husband is difficult at 4am. Work this week was so not good that I started a whole new project because I needed at least one thing at work that I like. So sorry for the late post.

A Bit of History...

When I graduated from college my first "big girl" job was in a distribution center. My desk was in the middle of the warehouse. Not in an office, not even in a cubicle... in the middle of the warehouse. It was up against a support beam. Then, new conveyor was built and my desk got moved up against the conveyor.  My employees would come to my desk and borrow a pen to fill out their time cards and then walk away with my pen. Here's how that went...
"Hey, can you leave my pen?"
"It's my pen"
"Um, I think its mine."
"Uh, I think its mine."
"Ok, its a ten cent BIC, keep it"

Then I'd get a phone call or some other reason to write something down and I'd have no pen. I went through probably 30 pens in two months. So, taking a cue from doctors offices and DMVs everywhere I made these.

They look a little sad now, but they worked like a charm. I've had the same 12pens for 5years now!








So I freshened them up!

So super easy, I just wrapped some floral tape around a pen and a fake flower. Cheap, easy and quick. My favorite kind of craft project.
I don't care what the boss in the Wedding Planner with Jennifer Lopez says. I think carnations are a perfectly good flower, not a filler flowers at all.
Refurbishing Flower Pens Done.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! These would look perfect on an old-style wood desk in the study. If Jon ever gets our study cleaned up, I will commission ya!

    ReplyDelete